You’ve finally done it. You’ve asked out the girl of your dreams and she has said yes. Now what? How do you prepare to give her the best date of her life?
If you want to get to the second date, you’re going to have to make the first one enjoyable and memorable. Use these tips to prepare.
1. Choose your outfit carefully. Think about where you are going during the date and choose an appropriate outfit. If you have told her to dress up for your date, and you dress too casually, she will feel uncomfortable and over-dressed. Choose an appropriate and stylish outfit for your date. If in doubt, ask a gay friend to pick something out for you.
2. Clean out your vehicle. You may think that this one is a no-brainer, but you can’t imagine the number of girls who have had to push aside soda cans and trash to even fit into the car. Get your car in tip top shape before the date so that she can see that you treat your things with respect and that you care enough about her to take a little time to prepare.
3. Don’t go overboard on the cologne. If you reek of a gallon of cologne, she will not want to get close to you. Use a small dab of cologne before your date so that you smell nice. If you can smell your own cologne several minutes after you put it on, you have probably used too much.
4. Prepare yourself for conversation. Conversation can make or break a first date. Remind yourself not to talk about past relationships, religion, sex or politics. These topics can be deadly. Stick to asking her questions about herself and talking about your interests and hobbies. These are nice, safe topics that will help you to get to know each other.
5. Prepare for the unexpected. Tidy up your home before the date. You never know what situation will lead you back to your front door and you don’t want her to see your apartment and run for the hills. Do a quick pick up of clutter and then sweep or vacuum the floor. Take out the trash and wash any dirty dishes you may have. If something happens and you end up coming back to your place, you’ll be so glad you took the time to clean up a bit.
Doing these things before your date will make her feel special. Prepare yourself, remain calm and don’t forget to have fun.